Bridgestone Warren Plant has an opportunity available for a Teaching Assistant. This position will have the opportunity to support the Bridgestone Environmental Education and Classroom Habitat (B.E.E.C.H.) program, which is a sanctioned science education program within the Warren County school system. The position will support educational science activities for Pre-K through 5th grade students.
The Teaching Assistant will assist the Bridgestone Outreach Professional and school teachers with maintaining the Habitat. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Bridgestone Environmental Education and Habitat (BEECH):
- Assist in all areas of the program including maintaining the animal Habitat environment, preparing for classes, leading classes, supply lesson planning support materials, creating lesson plans for special groups, and leading nature hikes and other science activities.
- Prepare rooms for scheduled classes, meetings, training and other events.
- Meet with visitors/teammates for facility tours and review safety measures and requirements.
- Instruct visitors/teammates how to properly use equipment.
- Works closely with Community Outreach Program Coordinator in all areas.
- Other additional duties as assigned.
- Qualified candidates must be sophomore to senior-level students
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be able to work ~32-36 hours per week
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) preferred
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work outside leading nature hikes and other science activities